Success in the international rights market depends on regular contact, and we work hard to nurture our relationships with overseas publishers and agents that have been built up over many years.
With a wealth of experience in foreign rights-selling in all markets and genres, our translation agents deal directly with their customers as well as using local co-agents.
Please refer to the Rights Guides and Archive sections above for more information on the books in which we handle translation rights.
For all general enquiries about translation and foreign rights for our adult titles, please email email@example.com. For general enquiries about translation and foreign rights of any children’s titles, please email Camille Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Translation Rights Executive
DHA is looking for a proactive, creative and organised Rights Executive to join its Translation Team. Working across a market-leading list of fiction and non-fiction, this is an exciting opportunity for someone with at least two years’ experience of rights-selling looking to take the next step in their career.
The successful candidate will have a sharp eye for detail and will be confident managing a high volume of work. You’ll be a fast and discerning reader with an awareness of international book trends. You will be comfortable managing your own workload and successfully prioritising. Excellent communication skills are central to success in the role.
We are a dynamic, busy team so a can-do, collaborative attitude and a willingness to pitch in are very important.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Liaising with primary agents about material, upcoming titles and submission strategies
- Managing submissions across territories, both direct and co-agented
- Negotiating deal terms and strong knowledge of translation contracts
- Communicating with clients about offers, jackets, publication strategy, international interviews and festivals etc.
- Designing rights guides, sales documents and marketing materials
- Website and database management
- Preparing for and attendance (even if online) at relevant book fairs
- Liaising with Accounts to follow up on outstanding payments
Due to current Covid restrictions, the role will initially take the form of remote working and will then transition to our Soho offices. We are offering a salary of £28,000 per annum.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Bethany Wood (email@example.com). The closing date for applications is Tuesday 15 June 2021. DHA reserves the right to close the application process early if we have found the right candidate.
DHA welcomes applications from any individual regardless of ethnic origin, gender, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. All applicants will be considered on merit.