Will Miles has twice made the top 2% of scripts for BBC Writersroom, reached the workshop stage of BBC Studios Writers’ Academy and has recently been longlisted for the TV Foundation/All3Media New Writers Collective Award 2023 for his pilot script for CIVIL BEHAVIOUR, which explores sibling rivalry against the backdrop of a local by-election.
He is currently working on numerous projects, including OUT WEST for which he was selected for the David Higham Associates Open Day for underrepresented voices and HOW I KILLED LEX BEAUMONT, a thriller about a young gay man learning to manage his OCD.
Will enjoys writing in many styles, from character-driven comedy-dramas to pacy thrillers, often influenced by his lived experience.
When not writing, Will works in advertising and has penned voiceovers for the likes of Brian Blessed, Jamie-Lee O’Donnell and Alex Brooker.
- Longlisted for the All3 Media New Writers’ Collective 2023
- BBC Studios Writers’ Academy 2022 (workshop stage)
- Reached the top 2% of BBC Writersroom 2021
- Reached the top 2% of BBC Writersroom 2020
- David Higham Open Day for underrepresented voices 2019 (final selection)
- Reached the final 8 of the Red Planet Prize 2016
- Reached the top 8% of BBC Writersroom 2016