Claudine is a dramatist whose plays Bit Part and Slipping have been produced by the Stephen Joseph Theatre, Scarborough. Slipping was picked as one of seven international works featured in New York’s Lark Play Centre’s HotINK series and her adaptation for BBC Radio 4 starred Andrew Scott and Charlotte Riley and was a finalist in three categories in the 2015 Audio Drama Awards.
Other work for Radio 4 includes Deliverers (Pick of the Day in The Times/Independent/Daily Telegraph/Daily Mail/Observer), Home Front, the comedy drama series The Inheritors (Radio Choice- The Daily Express/Radio 4 Drama of the Week) and a dramatization of Delphine de Vigan’s psychological thriller Based On A True Story (Pick of The Week- The Sunday Times).
Claudine has completed the BBC Doctors Writers’ Shadow Scheme and was a 2018 recipient of Extant Theatre Company Tim Gebbels’ Bursary. Her poems have appeared widely including in The Guardian, The Spectator and The Financial Times and her debut poetry collection Smoothie was published by Carcanet in 2017.
- GIRLS OF RIYADH – BBC Radio 4 Adaption of novel by Rajaa Alsana
- THIS YOUR COUNTRY NOW TOO: MIRA – BBC Radio 4 Afternoon Drama, dramatisation of Mira Hamermesh’s memoir River of Angry Dogs *Selected As BBC Radio 4’s Podcast Drama of the Week*
- CAPTAIN LYONS CLOSES THE GAP – Micro drama BBC Audio Podcast
- HOW TO BE A WOMAN – BBC Radio 4, 5-part co-dramatisation with Caitlin Moran
- BASED ON A TRUE STORY – BBC R4, 5-part dramatisation of book by Delphine de Vigan (starring Tara Fitzgerald and Janie Dee)
- THE INHERITORS – BBC Radio 4, 5-part comedy drama (prod Toby Swift)
- HOME FRONT – BBC R4, first world war drama (10 episodes of Season 9)
- HOME FRONT – BBC R4, first world war drama (5 eps of Seeason 6) (prod Jessica Dromgoole)
- DELIVERERS – BBC R4, afternoon play (prod Liz Webb, starring Kate Fleetwood, Jonathan Bailey & Elizabeth Berrington) *Pick of the Day in: The Times, The Independent, The Telegraph, The Observer. ***** in Daily Mail: “A script full of wit and surprises”
- SLIPPING – BBC R4, afternoon play (prod Liz Webb, starring Andrew Scott and Charlotte Riley) *Finalist BBC Audio Drama Awards for: Best Play, Best Actor, Best Actress
- Recipient of Extant Theatre’s Tim Gebbel’s Bursary
- new play SEESAW – in development
- SLIPPING – The Stephen Joseph Theatre (dir Henry Bell). “Brilliant…such a maturely structured and excitingly written piece of work” – ****s What’s on Stage
- BIT PART at The Stephen Joseph Theatre (dir Henry Bell).
- OUTSIDE IN – Lark Development Center, New York (dir Giovanna Sardelli)
- THE ECHO CHAMBER – CockPit Theatre (dir Dominic Kelly)
- ANGLES – Corpus Playroom (dir Julia Bolden)
- RISK ASSESSMENT – Theatre503 (for Rapid Writes Response) (dir Paul Blinkhorn)
- TIME OUT – Naked Stage at the ADC, Cambridge (dir Sarah Ingram)
- THE NATURAL STATE – Freeword Centre, London (Arvon/Jerwood Showcase) * Longlisted for the PapaTango New Writing Award 2011
- OUTSIDE IN – Drip Action Theatre (dir Bill Brennan, Arundel Theatre Trail)
- ROUGH DIAMONDS – Menagerie Theatre Company at the Junction, Cambridge (dir Holly Race)
- LIFE SKILLS – Shared Experience Youth Theatre at Hampstead Theatre (dir Kate Saxon)
- TUTORS co-written with Liz Webb – in development
- 2016 BBC Doctors’ Shadow Writing Scheme
- GRUB – 30 minutes sitcome script shortlisted for the Funny Women Comedy Writing Award