Stephen is a creative and versatile film and TV director, whose feature film, THE SEA, an adaptation of John Banville’s Booker Prize winning novel, starring Ciaran Hinds, Sinead Cusack and Charlotte Rampling was released in 2014 and was an Official Selection at the Toronto, Edinburgh and Galway Film Festivals. He has directed two short dramas, BREATHING and THE CURIOUS – both also successful on the festival circuit. He was a director on legendary TV show THE WORD and has great experience in corporate video making films for a whole range of companies and charities.
Most recently, Stephen has been directing documentaries, including a centenary film for the Ben Uri Collection, a film for schools on a two-state solution in Israel-Palestine for OneVoice Europe, a series of educational films for BBC Bitesize and a fundraising film for Indian microlending charity, Rojiroti. Stephen is finishing the first draft of a feature script called ZEKE, set in Stamford Hill and is actively looking for his next movie project.
- Directed £2.2million feature film, THE SEA, starring Ciaran Hinds, Charlotte Rampling, Sinead Cusack and Rufus Sewell, an adaptation of the John Banville novel, produced by Independent Films. Selected for Edinburgh, Galway, Toronto, Dinard and Mill Valley Film Festivals.
- BREATHING, (18mins) prize-winning short film starring Charlotte Coleman and Rosemary McHale. Silver Hugo, Chicago Film Festival, London Film Festival, screened C4
- THE CURIOUS, (11mins) C4/BFI New Directors short film starring David Suchet, Oliver Parker and Caroline Catz. London and Chicago Film Festivals, screened C4
- THE WORD, Channel 4 TV – staff producer/director
- MOVING PICTURES, BBC 2 – producer/director documentary inserts